Pols and Larsen from organizers to competitors
Xander Pols and Sascha Larsen spent lots of time on organizing the Nacra Championships behind the scenes. “Thanks to our group of enthusiastic volunteers, we are able to compete these days”, the duo said on the Texel beach. And they did well today in the Nacra 20 carbon. In race 2 and 3 they were second. “Race one did even go better”, tells Xander. “We were first over de finish line, but then we heard about our OCS. In race 2 and 3 we were match racing with Mitch Booth. Unfortunately we lost both races to him. But we feel lucky to match race against Mitch and leave the rest of the fleet way behind us. Mitch is considered one of the best catracers in the world. So we did well.”
So that left two teams racing each other. Both races it was very close, but Mitch and Olivier took the bullets. “We don’t mind sailing against Mitch”, says Xander. “It is good for our spirit and our goal. Otherwise we were alone ahead of the fleet. Now we raced faster and that also inspires the rest of the competitors. It is good Mitch came over.”
Xander and Sascha were a bit surprised about their scores. Considering the time they spent together in the Nacra 20. Sascha: “Together with Stefan Dubbeldam we are a team of three. Because we both have kids and very busy jobs we can’t race every weekend. So we changed the setting. Xander and I haven’t raced very much as a team and we have a brand new boat. It came out of the box three weeks ago. I’ve raced four times on this kind of boat and Xander two times.”
At the helm
The problem is that we both are helmsmen”, explains Xander. “I’ve been at the helm the first two races. The last one in the morning, we switched and I folded myself in the trapeze. Luckily Sascha didn’t beat Mitch, because that wouldn’t have been good for my ego. It was a close call though. We came in second at the top mark and surfed on a wave right to Mitch. We passed him and I could hoist the spinnaker right away. We speared away. Unfortunately he came in on portside at the gate and had right of way. He passed us again and won the race. But we are going to take revanche this afternoon. It’s going to be exciting with the changed current.”
- Nacra Infusion Worlds and Nacra Open International Championships June 6th to June 8th 2012
- Team Boskalis takes line honours @ Round Texel 2012
- Nacra Infusion World Championships 2012 came to an early end
- Record alone
- Bemanning gezocht
- De Koning/Visser win Nacra Infusion World title in 2011!
- A lot of pictures!!
- Tough conditions for diehards on second day
- De Koning/Visser leading the Nacra Infusion Worlds after day 1
- Nacra Infusion racing has started
- Nacra carbon 20: Mitch Booth shows up surprisingly
- First Zwitserleven Nacra Infusion Worlds attracts world class sailors
- Nacra Dutch Championship 2011
- A LOT OF PICTURES!!!!
- Champions crowned at Nacra 2010 Int. Championship
- Challenging conditions on day two
- Larsen/Van Leeuwen take another 2 bullets
- Nacra 2010 Int. Championship starts in building conditions
- Spectaculair grand opening
- Nacra International Championships
- Bemanning aangeboden / gezocht
- June 3th
- may 23th, 49 competitors,
- PRESS RELEASE
- Voor Nederlandse zeilers..